Never take candy from strangers.

So, today was my second session with Muscles.  Which by the way, was CRAZY tough, and I'm pretty sure that my legs are going to try and kill me in my sleep tonight.

He had told me the workouts were going to get progressively harder, but I was not prepared for this.  However, I diligently did everything Muscles asked of me, and even asked if I could go to a higher weight on one of the machines, to which he replied yes and then told me that I already have better dedication, motivation and attitude than most of his clients. 

Then something weird happened.  This is not the first time something like this has happened to me, but I wonder if it has ever happened to any of my readers.  A total stranger had been watching me struggle through my workout and push through everytime Muscles asked me to, and at this point he decided to apporach me.  He was an older gentleman who was lifting weights in the same area that I was working, probably only slightly younger than my father.  And this is what he had to say "You're doing a great job, girl.  You're making the right steps by working out, but you need to stick with it!  It's like that chineese proverb, walking 1000 miles starts with just one step."  Now, my rational brain says "he just wants to encourage my good work, and is glad for me"  My other brain (you know, the one in charge of PMS) had a different take "THAT ASSHOLE."  Now, i know that he didn't mean anything malicious by his comments, but does he approach everyone at the gym, or just the fatties?  I mean, I don't know, maybe he saw all of those rediculous faces I was making while doing 50 reps and saying "holy crap Muscles!  This hurts!" and it had nothing to do with size.  But I can't help but think it's the size.

So, has anything like this happened to any of you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment