So, yesterday I took the plunge, and joined a Gym.

I ended up going for the one I mentioned a few posts back: Foxy Fitness.

I went in yesterday with my mom to check it out and joined on the spot. I set up a few sessions with a personal trainer to kind of get me going in the right direction, and make sure I know what I'm doing, but so far have just been sticking to sessions in the cardio theater.

I LOVE it. In college, I always loved going to the gym and spending an hour on the elliptical machine just me, my MP3s and a bottle of water. The problem was I have anxiety about exercising in front of people. Especially at a college rec center where it was almost always packed with a thousand other girls skinnier, prettier, and more fit than I.

This place is kind of the opposite. Maybe it's because it's not on a college campus, maybe its the fact that it's been really nice outside here, or maybe its just a fact. But this place seems to be dominated by older men, and women just trying to get fit. I don't feel the judgmental eyes I used to feel, and that goes a LONG way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment