Weekend Update.

So, this weekend was eventful for me.
 
Friday morning, i woke up bright and early, and headed to the Furniture store to shop for a kitchen table.  I figure, since Brett and I have lived in that apartment for a year (and just re-upped our lease for another year), I might as well actually buy some furniture.  Previously, we owned a 10 year old love seat, a cheap bed we bought when we first moved in, a coffee table, and two computer desks (and only one chair). 
 
I found a great deal on a solid wood table, but decided to keep shopping around.  I eventually went back to the original store and bought the table i was looking at there.  Then I headed to Target where I picked up the supplies to make night stands.  Like hell I'm gunna spend 70 bucks on one night stand when i can easily make one out of shelving units, and fabric cubes for under 25 bucks.  So, I think that was a job well done. 
 
Saturday, I officially kicked off studying for my EIT Exam.  The EIT exam is a test that makes me (kind of) officially an engineer.  Chemical Engineers are not required to take this test, but once i get my PE licence it means higher salaries, and I could then privately consult if I so desire, plus, I get to stamp things.  The downside:  this test is long, and hard.  it's two 4 hour sessions, a morning session on general engineering, and then an afternoon session of Chemical questions. 
 
I started by taking a practice exam of the AM session.  what I learned:
 
1.  I forgot everything.  Out of 120 questions, I got 50 right.
2.  I do not know ANYTHING about Electical Engineering (i got EVERY one of those questions wrong)
3.  I need to study.  A LOT. 
4.  Basic Algebra counts for a bunch.
5.  I am screwed.
6.  I should probably pick up a refil on my valium.
 
So, anyway, I have to start studying like crazy.  The exam is in October, and I really do not want to re-take this test.  Any advise from my readers who have already taken it? 

1 comments:

Michelleigh said...

I tried to comment on this post before - but work ate my response. Boo!

Anyhow - if you don't have any of this already, I recommend the equation book and the practice test from the people who write the test. Money well spent. Use only that equation book to take your practice tests (and sometimes the Mechanical Engr. equations are easier than ChE ones for thermo, etc).

Also get one of those EIT review books. They can be pricey but it doesn't really matter if you have the 2009 version. I think I used the like 1997 version or something like that... Make sure you review electrical, statics, ethics, dynamics (I didn't take this class so I had to review it hardcore)...

Post a Comment