Ah, the feelings of accomplishment!

So, last night after work, I headed to Michael's and picked up all the supplies I would need to do a "test run" of some of the ideas I have for save the dates.  I picked up the stuff for stamp embossing: powder, the heat tool, an inking pad, and some cheap cardstock.
 
After 2 or 3 test runs, i think I have the technique mastered (it's not nearly as hard as i thought it could be.), and it looks like it's going to turn out wonderfuly.
 
I'm going to order the paper materials from paper-source (because, they have all the prettyest papers).  I ordered a swatch book, and will make some color decisions as soon as it gets here.  I'm so excited.  Plus I priced invitations similar to the ones that I'm planing and I'm going to save a BUTTLOAD of money (100 save the dates letterpressed I'm finding around 600 bucks!  for ONE color!) and I honestly like the ideas I have better than anything i'm seeing out there.  I'm excited about this, and I know that I have a ton of great maids, who will be willing to help me stamp, stamp, and stamp when they're in town.
 
I'm starting to piece together some ideas for invitations too.  I'm so glad that at least something seems to be coming together in this vortex of planning. 
 
 

1 comments:

Jill said...

woo hoo! i looooove diy wedding stuff. it is so much more personal and cost effective. i expect pictures lady!!

Post a Comment