Credit card Companies are shady, shady business.

So, I have a Macy's Store Credit Account.
 
When I opened the account, the limit on it was $800.  They didn't tell me the limit.  It wasn't on the bill, it wasn't in any liturature.  The only reason I know it was this high for the start: I check my credit report frequently.
 
Then they quiety lowered the limit to $200.  For me and for a friend.  Neither of us were notified.  She was caught with her pants down and in an embarassing situation when she couldn't pay for a hair appointment in store.  So, I checked my credit account, and sure enough they had lowered my limit too.
 
Now, they've lowered it to $100.  ARE YOU EFFING SERIOUS?  First of all, 90% of the time I go in that store, I spend over $100.  So, now I can only put a purchase on this card if it's that 10% of the time that I'm buying $50 worth of clinique products so I can get the free gift.  But everytime I'm in the store I hear "do you want to put this on your Macy's card today?"
 
Well, Macy's.  This is the last straw.  I'm breaking up with your credit department.  What if I had planned to put a purchase on there, and had no other way to pay for it?  Seriously, Macy's!  YOU ARE GOING TO LOOSE MONEY.  Because, without that store account, I'm going to be shopping there a lot less (because I can buy clinique in Sephora, and avoid those pretentious bitches in "lab coats" all together). 
 
This is how they reward me?  I have spent so much money in that freakin store (and through the card, so they know it's me), and now, I can hardly make a purchase without risking a fee. 
 
Anyway ladies, be forewarned.  If you are a cardholder at Macy's, check your balance before your next shopping endeavor.
 

2 comments:

Jill said...

oh wow, i've never heard of a place lowering limits! crazy!!

saucyminx410 said...

I just found out that they did the same thing to me!!!!

Everytime I make a large payment to them they lower my limit! I'm done with them too!

I was ABSOLUTELY going to register with them! Bullshit!

Post a Comment