meep meep.

So, I have made, important, official, wedding related decisions and purchses today.
 
Last night after getting my paper source (www.paper-source.com) swatch book in the mail, I decided I could officially settle on my colors.
 
Pink, and Orange.  And I'm going pretty bold with the shades.  But I love it.  It's the only color combo that I have thought could be perfect for longer than 24 hours.  I have seen inspiration in tons of magazines, and it constantly craws me in.  Is it as classy as my earlier likes (red black and red, tiffany blue and khaki, or blush pewter and black)?  No, it probably isn't.  But that doesn't matter.  What matters is that it is definitley more "me" than any of the earlier likes.  It's my two favorite colors, it's loud, it's cheerful, and it's fun.  I am not a subdued, quiet person.  I think these colors will set the tone that this is going to be a fun party, and not a formal affair.
 
I've been thinking about the colors for a little over a week now.  and last night when I saw the paperscource swatches, it was love.
 
This morning, I ordered A2 flat cards in strawberry, and A2 envelopes in papaya.  I also ordered several tubes of Gocco ink (in varying pink shades), and round labels (which will go through the printer fabulously) for adressing the front of the envelopes. 
 
So, there's no turning back now (though technically, I could turn away from these colors, since save the dates son't really need to match the theme).
 
I also made another important decicion, that i will probably get some flack for... I've decided that no one under 13 can come to the wedding or reception.  There are about 25 children I would have to feed, if all familys with children brought their kids along, which equates to about 1300 in food+bar.  So, instead, I'm going to throw a pizza party for the kids with some hired sitters, the party I was thinking could start around 2 or 3, and parents could stay for the begining (my wedding will not start until 7pm), then have time to go home and get ready.  The reception will go until 11:30, so I doubt many parents will want to have to deal with tired and cranky kids at that hour anyway.  There are kids that I know could handle it, and could behave, but there are more kids that I know could not.  And it would be incredibly rude of me to tell one parents they can't brings kids, while another they can.
 
I'm just not sure how to break it to parents at this point.  I was going to say something along the lines of "This is a night to enjoy yourself too!  Leave the children in the care of our capable sitters for a pizza party of their very own."  but i feel like that isn't firm enough... it feels like a suggestion instead of a "decree", but I can't exactly say "seriously guys, if something is screaming when i say 'I do' i will cut you" 
 
Any suggestions?  all of the books are telling me to do it ASAP, so I want to get the word out.

1 comments:

Michelleigh said...

I didn't have any children at my wedding who couldn't receive communion (I'm Catholic). Which meant any child under the age of 8. So on the invitation, I just did not list that childs name (and it only ended up being about 5 children). Since it was all family - my mom just spread the word that we'd have a sitter at the house...

Good luck with the Gocco, etc! It's so much fun! :)

Post a Comment