It's been a month and a half now, so I figure it's time to update y'all on WLP2k9

 IN the past weeks, I've kept up with my visits to workout with Muscles, I've started some new medications, and I've been eating fairly well.  So here's an update on the rules I set out to follow.

First:
The Guidelines to a Happier, Healthier Me:
1. This isn't a diet, it's a life change.  I have not deprived myself of anything.  I have only eaten less of those things.  in frequency, and in portion size.  I've learned that it's okay to have just one or two bites of ice cream.  and it's OKAY to have that 2pm Dr. Pepper that is calling my name (so long as it isn't the second or third time that week)
2. Be Positive.  I feel so great about staying positive, and I think working out more has helped me stay positive.
3. Learn Portion Control.  BIG TIME.  I've been doing so good with this y'all.  I've learned that it's okay to leave food on my plate, and it's okay to get less than i think i want, because it usually fills me up just the same, and if not, I can always get seconds.
4. Enjoy yourself.  And, I have.  I think being in better shape helped me have more fun on vacation.  I mean, I WENT KAYAKING.  If you ask anyone who knows me, before, I would have said "I'm on vacation, so screw the boat, I'm gunna have a margarita, a romance novel and sit still all day!"  But not this time.  This time, I swam nearly everyday, I TRIED to go deep sea fishing, I tried new things (kayaking, avacados).  Yes, I spent afternoons lounging by the pool with a book.  But I had a water with lime, and it was only after getting in a solid workout.  And i think I had more fun than I've ever had on a trip to Mexico.
5. Fell comfortable in your own skin.  The fact that I have slimmed down has helped this.  I mean, for the first time in my life, I wasn't scared that the seatbelts might not fit me on the plane (in fact, I had belt to spare!).  I look in the mirror and mostly, I'm liking what I see.
 
As for the fitness goals:
1. Walk up 4 flights of stairs without getting winded. Done, and done.
2. Become the type of person who runs.  I'm working on this.  Slowly increasing speeds and inclines on the treadmil.  I will get there.
3. Meet with my trainer once a week, and look forward to it.  In fact, it's usually 2-3 times a week, and for the most part I do look forward to it.  It's so nice to leave the gym feeling like I've accomplished that.
4. Go to the gym almost every day.  Here's where I've been bad.  Outside of my meets with Muscles, usually only go once a week.  so, my visits have been 3-4 times a week.  But I'm still seeing results, so i suppose this gives me room to up the ante when I start to plateau.

All in all, I'm seeing results in myself, but as you know, I'm not one for looking to the scale for results (especially with the muscle building I'm doing on top of things).  But I FEEL so much better, and I see a difference in my looks, and in the way people see me.  So, there's that.

Anyway, I feel like I'm doing pretty good.  I feel good about where I am.  And I'm happy.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment