Anxiety and more crazy talk.

So, I think I've found the big "root" of my planning anxiety.  After posting yesterday about wanting to give up planning to get married by Elvis, I kept hearing "but that's not the wedding you really want" and "you've been planning this is secret for years, why give up now?"

 

Here's the problem:

 

I DON'T know what kind of wedding I DO want.

 

I've been thinking about it my entire life, but I haven't made a single decision.  One day, I want my colors to be Black, White Silver and Red.  The next day, I want pink and green, and on other days I want a rainbow of citrus-y colors.  One day I want an outdoor plantation wedding, the next day, I want a huge cathedral with EVERYONE, and other days I want a destination wedding on some private beach in Mexico with my parents and the girls I've picked to be my maids, hell, sometimes, I even consider converting religions because so many other religious wedding traditions appeal to me.  One day, I think a birdcage veil is wonderful, the next I want a lace mantilla, and other times, I want to skip the veil for a tiara or bejeweled headband.  When I close my eyes and try to picture my "perfect wedding" the ONLY clear picture is that Brett is standing there with me.  Everything else is just a rush of various images, and I can't settle on a single one.  Here's what I know.  I want Roses, and Dahlias, and I want my close friends and family there.  I don't think I want kids there, but with so many of Brett's relatives coming in from out of town, what am I supposed to tell them to do with the boogers (who I will want to see, just you know… not screaming while I'm trying to get married)?  I might want a second line dance, and I MIGHT want to do cake pulls (local traditions), but I'm worried that will make the Yankees feel alienated (and let's face it, at least half the guests will be yanks)

 

The more I look through magazines, the worse it gets, because the more ideas I get.

 

How can I narrow down my vision into one cohesive affair?  

0 comments:

Post a Comment