Five Days.

Five Days.

 

That's how long it took from the day of my engagement until I had my first Wedding Related Panic Attack.  Admittedly it was a small enough one that I was able to calm myself down, and breathe, but not before someone at work stopped by to ask me if I was okay.

 

So, what set this off was that my mom sent me an e-mail that she wants to do the wedding for under $10,000.  Now, this is a budget I can work with, but apparently not one that she can.  I told her that at that price, with 200 people (we have two large catholic families), there will be sacrifices to the "really nice" (her words) wedding that she wants to throw.  She wants to have a served meal, and open bar.  For the caterer she wants 9,000 covers the lowest cost buffet meal and well drinks open bar for 3 hours with a 200 person guest list.  PLUS 9% sales tax, and 18% gratuity, which takes it over 11,000  Great, we're over budget, and I don't even have a dress yet, not to mention a place to EAT this food.

 

Here's the thing, I have an anxiety problem.  It's documented and everything.  I have NO anxiety WHATSOEVER about the Marriage that Brett and I will have, no reservations about the life we have built, and will continue to build together.

 

But this wedding is turning me into a mess, already.

 

So here's my question to you readers.  Brett and I are leaving for Vegas in 8 days.  I'm so tempted to get married by Elvis just so this will be over with, and Brett and I will be married, and I won't have to deal with planning.

 

Should I do it?

1 comments:

saucyminx410 said...

If you do I will not talk to you for a month.
I will literally be so mad at you- you have waited for this for so long and have been so excited about the planning process...so much so that you have been planning behind closed doors for ages.....are you really going to pussy out? Why don't you tell your parents that if 10,000 is what they want to contribute that would be wonderful and you and Brett will make up the difference. I just don't understand the dramz my friend. I mean getting initially stressed out is one thing but flying the coop and getting married in Vegas without all of us sucks....at least give us the option of coming to a court house in Louisiana or something if you want to elope. I mean I know its your wedding but a LOT of feelings will be hurt.... you are your mother's only daughter- you will break her heart. I'm just saying....

Post a Comment