Spoiler Alert! It ends in you saying "Awwwww"

So, last night I got in from my big vacation.  Here's a short synopsis:
Got to see some GORGEOUS scenery (from my window):
 
Got to see THIS sunrise:
 
My dad ate a bug:

 
We ate WAY too much food (but it was all sooooo good):

 
I went snorkeling and saw some Turtles!!!!! (ps - I LIKE TUHTLES):

 
I went fishing (but didn't catch a damn thing other than a sunburn):
 



 And, now heres the part where you saw awwww:  I GOT ENGAGED!!!!!
I knew ahead of time that Brett was going to propse on my birthday, I just figured he'd do it at night.  Well the night before he started getting all antsy and insistant that I get up at 5:30 in the morning on my birthday and watch the sun rise.  So, i set an alarm and dragged myself out of bed.  Brett was already awake when i woke up, and he had tugged on his best shirt (a polo, so, he's not much for the "fine clothing" but, it was still a big deal for him) and styled his hair, so i figured, I should probably put on the dress I bought to wear.  I got dressed, and we headed down to the beach, where Brett had set up a heart in the sand:
 
He grabbed two chairs, and we attempted to watch a sunrise.  We didn't get nearly the show that we had in the picture above.  the sky got a TINY bit pink, and then storm clouds moved in, and it was daylight. I suggested that we go inside, but then Brett asked if i would go stand inside the heart with him.  He took my hands and delivered this great speech, of which i can only remember him starting with "you know, we've been together for like 20% of our lives" and ending down on one knee asking "will you marry me?"  The rest of his speech is lost in my memory forever, I was just too overwhelmed with emotions.  I grabbed the ring, and put it on my own finger before he had gotten to his feet, but then I took it off so that he could do the honors once I realized what I was doing.  We went inside, and showed everyone the ring (even though they had all seen it, and knew it was coming anyway).  We called all of the family members, and I spent the rest of the day, joining as many wedding websites as I could find with zero shame attached.

 
And also, here's some pictures of the ring:


0 comments:

Post a Comment