I went shopping!

I realized I haven't blogged about my latest beauty hauls!

 

That's exciting.

 

In the past week, I've bought from Sephora online, I also took TWO visits to my local ULTA.

 

First:  The Sephora Haul:

 

 

Bare Minerals in Fairly Light

 

I don't think I can mention enough how much I love this foundation.  It gives me perfect coverage without that pore clogging mess that traditional foundations bring to my face.

 

 

Nars Blush in Orgasm

 

I've been meaning to pick this up for a while now, but always put it back when I find some other goody.  I tried it at Amber's the other weekend, and loved the flush it gave me so much, that I snagged it for myself.

 

I also snagged a free Sephora Tote using the code EARTHDAY at checkout.  I'm waiting until the shipment arrives (tomorrow) to decide if the tote is great or not… for all I know it could be flimsy and worthless, but it was free, so I'm giving it a try.

 

 

On my first trip to ULTA I picked up two different TooFaced Palettes, but as I got home, I realized that one had very similar colors to a Chanel palette I bought over a year ago, then promptly used ONCE.  So, I decided that the next day I would return or exchange that palette for something else.

 

After much deliberation on palettes (I'm ultra picky, and don't like magnet closures), I finally settled on:

Urban Decay's "Get Baked" Palette.  It came with 3 gold tones (Baked, Half Baked, and Twice baked) and one shiny teal color (Flipside), Also, it had a 24/7 eyeliner in Bourbon (a dark brown with gold shimmer), and a mini Primer Potion in Sin (yep, you guessed it, MORE SHINY STUFF).

 

A fun fact about me?  I LOVE Urban Decay's Primer Potion.  So, having this tiny one will help clear up space in my one quart ziplock of "allowed carryon liquids" (especially since I've engineered a way to refill the thing) to take on my two upcoming trips (11 days 'til I leave for Mexico y'all!  FLU BE DAMNED!).  Due to my lipgloss addiction (or obsession, whatever), and need for deodorant and contact solution that ziplock has gotten awfully crowded on trips.

 

Anyway, back to the palette.  I didn't want to love it so much.  It doesn't meet my strict guidelines of "palettes I will not ruin while traveling"  But I LOVE every color included.  I thought about just buying the individual colors, but just getting two of them was more expensive than the palette.  So, got it I did.

 

I've worn the colors every day since.

 

I'm looking forward to pairing these shadows with my new nars blush and an apricot lip gloss.  It will be my epic summertime look. 

1 comments:

Am said...

Make-up is so fun but I never know what palette to go with.

Post a Comment