So, I got pretty busy at work the past two weeks, but now that I've finished all of those tasks, I'm back to twiddling my thumbs, waiting for my next assignment.

1 hour into the work day and I'm already bored.

At least though, it's my Friday, and I have so many exciting things to look forward to this weekend:

1) I'm going to New Orleans for the night tonight, and get to spend the day down there with my cousin Rose tomorrow.

2) My cousin Rose is in town!

3) My Aunt Stacy (Rose's mom, my mom's sister) is going to come into town on Saturday, and we're gunna have a little get together.

Now, though, I need to start getting amped up for Aunt Stacy being in town. I love her, I really do, but OH MY WORD the woman knows how to push my buttons. She's very good at telling me exactly what problem areas my clothes don't help (and, seriously, she's been a size 2 her whole life, so I doubt she can really help me with my problem areas). And she talks to me about my mom's recent 75 pound weight loss like I'm a failure. My mom and I went on Jenny Craig together back in July. I lost 10 pounds, which is 10 pounds less than were I was, but in the same amount of time my mom lost 45. I was incredibly strict, and ate the food, exercised and didn't add anything to the menu. My mom cheated almost every day. The fact of the matter is that, it is harder for me to loose weight than it is for other people. I'm not trying to make excuses for myself, it's just going to take me a lot longer to get there, and I'm okay with that. But I need to prepare for a week of condescending tones and phrases like "you're too pretty to carry around that weight" and "doesn't your mom look so good now?" I know she means well, and that she wants for me to loose the weight for my own well being, but… I just don't it rubbed in my face by my own family members, because, in all honesty, I get it enough from strangers as it is.

So, I'm going to spend the weekend, boosting my self esteem, so that when she get's here she can take it right back to a healthy level.

1 comments:

saucyminx410 said...

You are Bea uuuuuutiful no matter what you weigh and I loves ya---if she gives ya too much shit send me a blackberry message and I can come up with witty comebacks that we can giggle over while you grin and bare it!

Post a Comment