Bad Blogger, weekends, and St. Paddy's.

So, I've been a bad blogger lately, but, in my defense, I've been so busy at work that when I come home all I want to do is veg out on the couch and not think.

Anyway, Wednesday I went on a shopping extravaganza (more on this later tonight, I promise, I've even scheduled in the blogging on my calendar!)

Thursday after work, I came home and did as little as possible. I watched TV, and then eventually went to sleep. And then my weekend started.

Friday morning, I woke up and did a little cleaning then waited for my cousin Brit to call me. She lives in Alabama about 7 hours away but was in town for weekend festivities with her husband and two children (did I mention she's 4 years younger than me?). She got into town Thursday afternoon and we had made plans to hang out on Friday. Anyway, she calls me around 9am and says "what's your address, we want to stop by" Well, I looked around my apartment and immediately thought "uyh… no" I told her that I'd rather not because my apartment was a total mess (I usually clean on Friday afternoons, and well, I hadn't cleaned all week) but that I could gladly meet up with her in town. We decided to meet at the local Old Navy to shop for St. Paddy's day T-shirts for the kids. Then we headed to The Olive Garden, where the 3 year old demanded that I sit next to her and color with her, and refused to drink milk on the claims that "I don't need to be strong, because I have my mommy!"

After that we took the kids back to my uncle's house and put them down for a nap, left them with Daddy, and went out to have some fun. We stopped at my Mom's house and captured her for some Mani-Pedis. Then eventually made our way to my Grandmother's house for a small Party.

For those of you who don't know, every year, my super rich uncle (who seriously, has more money than he knows what to do with) purchases and spot for his family and friends to be in the Baton Rouge St. Patrick's Day Parade. The parade is on a Saturday, and we always get together on Friday to decorate the float and have some Gumbo and Meatloaf.

After the party, Boyfriend and I headed home to rest up for the next day.

Saturday was loads of fun. I believe I posted a picture of Boyfriend in all of his costumed glory. I opted to walk alongside the float this year instead of throwing beads, and didn't realize that 3 miles is a lot longer than I thought. Still, I walked the entire way and had a blast. After the parade we had some Jambalaya, and relaxed. Brett and I headed to the house and napped and relaxed for a bit, then I cleaned and My cousin brought over the family to spend the night with us.

Sunday was a whole bunch of nothing. My mom invited Boyfriend and I over for dinner, but, I couldn't remove myself from the couch.

So now, I'm back at work, and I'm not exactly loving it. On Thursday I finished the work I had planned to take me through Tuesday, so I don't really have anything to work on at the moment.

Anyway, look for another post tonight about my shopping trip! (ps- I'd write about it now, but I want to include pictures, and that's simply too much web browsing for me to do at work.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment