So, here's the thing about me. I'm kind of a nerd. I know that's hard to believe, because I am after all so utterly fabulous. But I'm actually totally a closet geek.

Evidence:

1) I'm a Chemical Engineer, and work in a Chemical Refinery. I think chemicals are totally neat, and I've decided to make a living by making them.

2) I enjoy video games. I can easily waste an entire Saturday playing Super Mario Galaxy, Dr. Mario, or Altered Beast.

3) I totally love Star Trek. Because, I mean, honestly, William Shatner is amazing.

4) I watch the Science Chanel, History Chanel (but only the engineering shows, and history of engineering type shows), and Discovery more often than I watch HBO, ABC and the others.

5) I'm a master of Microsoft Excel, and organization. I use spreadsheets for everything, I keep track of bills, Sephora Purchases, food eaten, all in neatly organized spreadsheets.

6) I get almost every single joke on The Big Bang Theory. They pepper in jokes that relate to people who know physics, engineering, and math in a depth that most of America just hasn't studied (i.e.: Leonard's spherical chickens in a vacuum joke)

7) And the most recent development: I love comic books. This one I've been hiding for some time, but I'm ready to admit it. I love them. I actually spent 60 dollars on them last night, because, well, I'm a huge nerd.

The reasons I'm blogging about this are:

1) I recently decided I was going to be me. I'm too old to be hiding who I am. And the fact is that I'm a smart, comic book loving, designer bag carrying, Star Trek watching, make-up loving, stiletto wearing, fabulous woman.

2) I have nothing exciting going on right now. My life is boring. But I'm trying to fill up my last two hours of the workday, and I wanted to blog.

3) That's it. Those are all of the reasons.
I hope everyone is having a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment