New Orleans ina nutshell

So, this weekend, (well, on Thursday night) I went to New Orleans to spend some time with my cousin and her boyfriend who had rented a room at the swanky Maison Dupuy (http://www.maisondupuy.com/) hotel, a mere 3 blocks away from the Bourbon Street.
I got there around 6:30, and was handed a drink. after we finished off a hurricane in the hotel room, we took the second out for a stroll. First thing to do in New Orleans: See Some B-Boys. And these guys were SKILLED. The show they put on was funny, entertaining, and jsut the right length. Then we headed to a restraunt where the three of us split two very delish entrees, and a bottle of wine. After the restraunt, we hit the bars. several redbull and vodkas later, I decided that I had to try a drink called the "hand grenade" The thing about the handgrenade, is that it's a total tourist drink. As many times as I've driven down there, I've never tried it because I wanted to avoid looking like a tourist. Well, after trying it, I probably never will again. I'm not sure what was in it... but it looks like toxic waste, it's a neon green, almost glowing drink; it tastes like sour watermellon, and not to be too graphic, but it turned my shit dark green y'all, and that's scary. Anyway... after I had that, we did some more dancing, and started heading back down the other end of Bourbon street. As we started to get away from Canal street the bars got more and more dark (and less and less, LIGHTS LIGHTS LIGHTS). We spotted a loungy looking place and decided to step in. Rose turned to me and said "Rach, I think we're the only girls in here." to which her boyfriend said "Sweetie, turn around" we both turned to see a wall of half naked men looking back at us... so, from that we deduced that we were in fact in a gay bar. We used the bathroom, and then headed out when the Macho Man spotted a suitor coming his way. On our way out we noticed the rainbow balloons and flags decorating the outside of the bar. Then i saw what I can only assume was two businessmess propositioning a lady of the evening... or a croke deal... or both... either way it was going down right in the middle of the road. That's when we decided to head back to the hotel to make use of the hot tub. After that we all piled into a king sized bed and fell asleep pretty fast.
The next morning Rose and I had planned to do a tour of the garden district, but both of our stomachs were saying "oh, no you don't!" So we wandered the French Quarter and waited for her boyfriend to finish work, then headed back to Baton Rouge. It was an all around fun time.
Saturday I sat around a bit, then Rose and I put together a dinner for a small family get together at my parents house, and Sunday I did a whole bunch of nothing. I slept until 1, thanks to the 1 hour jump forward, and my crazy thursday and saturday nights.
I've been dragging all day. I got to work an hour late, so I have to stay until at least 6 tonight. so, I've got 20 more minutes, and I'm filling those minutes with blogy things, because i did work pretty hard today.
In other news, I think I may be breaking y nailbiting habit. I've been trying to do other things with my nails instead when i'm bored or nervous, like rub cuticle cream on them, or buff and shine the suckers. It seems to be working out pretty well, and for once in my life, my nails are looking healthy and growing. Any tips for other things I can do to keep my hands busy while I'm working or sitting around?

1 comments:

saucyminx410 said...

Hi- when you gonna come visit me?

Post a Comment