That new diet I talked about...

So, I haven't mentioned my "new diet" in a while, and that's because it sucked, and I gave up on it.
I know that I can't make a zillion changes at once, so why do I keep thinking it will work? My new plan, is to gradually change one thing about my diet every couple of weeks, and before i know it, I'll be living healthily, and loving it instead of going "But, I want KING CAKE" (Speaking of King Cake, I had a piece of Zulu King Cake at lunch, and nearly peed my pants it was so good). I'm going with the "anything in moderation" method, but truly using my brain when it comes to moderation.I just need to remind myself that moderate ice cream amounts are "half a scoop" and not "half a bowl" and eat healthier things in larger quantities (veggies, whole grains, more veggies) to teach myself that healthy foods are more filling. I think that this will work out better in the end, I never did well with meal plans anyway, and it should help me change my whole lifestyle in the process.
Also, gym membership. I hate to say it, but it's time, I'ma get a membership and work my ass off til it's at least 4 sizes smaller. Honestly, I'd like to start running. I know this is weird, considering I've always hated running, but the past few months, I've been thinking it couldn't hurt to try to get myself worked up to a program. So, hopefully, by this time next year, i can go outside and have a run (or possibly at that point still a "light jog", let's face it, I'm really out of shape, and it takes a while to get up to running) and not have to worry about gym memberships.
This is my solid plan.
Also, I'm back at work today. boo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment