So, this weekend, was a fun one. It's Mardi Gras Tomorrow, so I spent Satuday celebrating the season, and taking in the Spanish Town parade. There are pictures, but none that are any kind of cute and feature me. so, There are no pictures for the internet... THe day was a blast. I had Jello shots for breakfast, then had a rather large margarita before noon rolled around. My friends and I grabbed pizza for lunch, and then headed to a nice parade watchin' spot. I got some beads, but not many, because there was a girl standing near us who had her boobs out the ENTIRE time, so, as you can imagine, she got all of the beads (even though her boobs weren't all that spectacular, and she clearly didn't have enough money to afford a bra with a little more fabric.)
Other than that, my weekend was fairly relaxed. I hung out with my Mom some, and cleaned the apartment lots, and wore pajamas all day Friday and Sunday.
It's Monday, and the day is going by quickly because I have plenty to work on here at work. But I wanted to take the time to write a quick review of a recent Mascara purchase or two.
Fusion Beaty's LashFusion:
This mascara can be summed up in two words. IT SUCKED. I couldn't believe I had paid so much for a mascara this flaky. For the first application everything was dandy, but then, it seemed almost as if fibers had formed inside the mascara tube, and it looked like there were strings inside the mascara. The mascara made my eyes itch incredebly and it was next to impossible to keep my fingers out of my eyes. This wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for the fact that once this mascara is applied, you cannot touch your eyes or anywhere near your eyes for the rest of the day without half of the mascara flaking off and making it look as if you had a black eye. I've seriously never seen a mascara flake so much in all my life. On top of this, i saw no volume or legth added to my lashes. I don't normally return cosmetics, but I had to make an exeption for this one just because I thought Spehora needed to know... this mascara is awful, and they should pass the message on to Fusion Beauty. I went in an exchanged the mascara for:
BareEssentials Buxom Lash:
At 10 dollars cheaper than the above mascara, this one delivers on every promise made. It plumps and legthens, dries quickly, and once it's dry it stays put. It's only 18 dollars a tube, and I'd pay twice that without a single blink of my fabulous fluttery eyes.
While I was there I picked up a "earth tomes" blush/eyeshadow/lipgloss collection from Bare Essentials, and Dior Addict Lip Maximizer (which I LOVE)
PS - rember how at the begining of the month I said no more Sephora 'til March? Yea, maybe, just maybe I can go the whole month of March...

1 comments:

saucyminx410 said...

I'm tellin' ya chicky the best by far---and the cheapest is still Cover Girl Volume Exact. I've tried the expensive ones the Diors, the Lancomes (although I do still like Definiciles) and you know I love to spend mad cash on makeup but for the price point (and even if it cost more) Volum Exact is the best. PS who can stay out of Sephora? Not me! I went last weekend and am going this weekend with Jen- give in to it.

Post a Comment