So, I LOVE my boyfriend, but sometimes, it feels like he would rather lay on a bed of nails than make any attempt at being romantic.
He waited to long to make any plans for Valentine's Day, and we ended up spending the night going to Indian Buffet (where they weren't allowing ANY ordering from the menu, and none of the bufet food was good, none of it was even spicy, and more than half of it had meat), then we came home and Boyfriend installed his new harddrive, and I played Hello Kitty online for half an hour then went to bed. I will say this though, at least, he bought me Jewelry (for the first time in the four and a half years we've been dating). He got me a sterling silver necklace with earings to match.
Now, while I was having the least romantic Valentine's day ever, My two best friends were getting engaged, and on a romantic getaway in the Poconose (the later of which was with a boyfriend of only 2 months and they're ALREADY talking Marriage). I'm happy for them, I really am. I'm just jealous, and sour grapes and all that. I didn't get flowers, I didn't get a ring, or any kind of trip (even though I directly told him I'd like to go away a month ago... he looked into prices, and then decided it was too expensive, and apparently decided that he had put enough work into valentine's day completely). I got lousy Indian food and a whole lot of hurt.
I don't ask for much, but i would like just ONE FUCKING DAY out of the year where he makes me feel like a motherfucking princess. I want flowers, and romantic gestures, and reservations at a restaurant where he has to wear a tie, and then DOESN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT. Or at the very least, for him to tell me to dress up, and then cook me a romantic dinner, and put on a tie. he doesn't even need to spend any money, I'm just sick of feeling like I'm being taken for granted. And it's not like I've never told him this, it's not some secret. I tell him about once a month, but nothing. And he has even acknowledged these feelings. When he was looking into a Valentine's trip he said that he wanted to book a hotel with a spa, and get me a spa package, but that that was just too expensive, and I was okay with that. But he couldn't think of some way to scale back the evening before just writing it off completely?

0 comments:

Post a Comment