So, Today has been eventful for me. I slept in until about noon, which I must say is a record latley. I hung out for a bit, and then, Boyfriend and I had a fight about money, naturally. And then he went to pick up some lunch, about midway through our lunch, he said he started feeling sick, and went to lie down. 2 hours later, he was full on SICK, we're talking both ends here people. We had plans to go bowling tonight with some friends, and I still wanted to get in a trip to Sephora before we left, so I headed out to Sephora while he napped, and I told him I'd stop and get his normal "sick provisions" while I was out (sprite, popcicles, and mini eclairs). By the time I had gotten back from the mall and the grocery, he was in even worse shape. So, I was going to go bowling without him, but now, not so much. So instead, I will blog about my trip to Sephora, and why I'm not allowed back for at least a month.

So, The haul:

I went in for one simple thing RareMinerals Cleanser, and then I didn't even buy it! Instead I picked up DDF Blemish Foaming Cleanser
It only has 1% Salicylic Acid, so i tlooks like it wont dry me out like other acne cleansers do, but, we'll see how that goes, the H2O+ that I've been using is very drying without helping any of the acne I've been getting in my oilier areas. Hopefully when I combine this with my arsenal of moisturizers I'll be able to keep the dry scales, and the acne at by at the same time. HOPEFULLY.

Next I picked up Anastasia's Brow Enhancing Serum:


I've been Overplucking latley, and this claims to help sparse brows fill back in. Now that my hair is dark again, I can aford to have thick full brows, and I think I want to go for the Brooke Sheilds style. At least that should cut down the time i spend on brow maintenance.


After that, I grabbed Feausion Beauty's Lash Fusion which claims to have proteins and such, to actually improove lash health.
26 dollars is cheap if this actually help with lash growth, certainly cheaper than the 120 bucks a month it would take to keep a stock of Latisse handy. I think there will be a review forthcoming on this product. Keep a look out for that.

Also, at the last second, I threw in Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate, for good measure.

Now, anyone who shops Sephora with any regularity knows about the "Beauty Bank" Program. For every dollar you spend, pretax, you get a point, when your beauty bank reaches 100 points, you get a deluxe sample, and girls, the samples most of the time, are GOOD. Last week, they were featuring Dior HydraAction Visible Defence. After trying this moisturizer, I knew I wanted more, but it's about 60 dollars for a 1.8 oz jar, and the samples being offered are a little over a half an oz. So, when I was told my beauty bank was at over 400 points today, I got two more of those, making about one whole full sized amount, all for free. Man, do I ever love perks. I also picked up one each of the other samples, a coconut scented body buter (Almost 2 oz worth too!) because I'm a sucker for coconut, And a Make Up Forever gloss.

So, I should also mention that I'm going to have a self imposed ban of Sephora now for the month of February. When I walked in, there were two sales people who recognized me right away, and the girl who was checking me out as I left recognized me as well. Now, one salesperson knowing you as a regular is one thing, BUT THREE? I think it's time for a break. Depending on how well this new cleanser works (I've been having so much trouble finding something i like), this should be easy, I have everything that I could possibly need, for now.

Okay, seeing as I'm indoors for the rest of the night, I'm gunna feed and walk the dog, and try out my new facewash. Then I'm gunna watch Igor (yes, the animated movie) because it's due back to blockbuster tomorrow.


*All pictures from Sephora.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment