About Me

So, I figured I'd make an "all about Rachel" post, for new visitors to read and figure out if they like me or not, I suppose.

Anyway. I spent most of my childhood in one of two places: Baton Rouge, Louisiana; and Oxford, Ohio. Baton Rouge always felt more like home, and Oxford never really felt like a place i "hung my hat" so to speak. I think the reason that I was in Oxford, is because one day I would eventually find one of my closest and bestest friends within the halls of that high school. (She has a blog too, located over at Amber Lane ..) So, Oxford served it's purpose in my life, and I headed 2 hours north to go to college at THE Ohio State University.

I spent 6 years learning, living and changing up there. I went from Chemistry loving, Engineer to be nerd, to English major, and then back again. Along with my degree and minors, I learned exactly why you should never accept a beer you didn't pour yourself at a frat party, and all I ever wanted to know about how to ruin your credit by taking out 4 credit cards and then going nuts one summer on sparkly shoes, and cover charges at the bar. I graduated in June 2008, and made the decision to come back to Baton Rouge. My boyfriend followed me down, and we brought our Chihuahua Charlie.

Along the way, I came to be the person that I am today. I am in constant contrast to everything people think that I am. I wear makeup and read comic books. I wear steel-toed boots to work, but wear the tallest of stilettos on the weekends. I know the latest trends on the catwalks, even if I don't plan on following them. I love to take pictures, but I will never really consider myself a photographer. I have 2 closets just for my own clothes, and one contains mostly shoes and purses. I don't like meat. I own more than 300 movies. I love blues music, and I've played guitar for over 10 years. I am terrified of heights, clowns, zombies, and tornadoes. I laugh loudly. I'm am very loyal to my friends and family. I come from a large family, and have 7 direct first cousins, and dozens of second third and completely unrelated "cousins" that I'm just as close with. As a kid, if one of us was in a fight, all of us were in that fight. (I say as a kid, but in reality, in October, 4 of us were almost in a fight at a bar when some chick told my cousin to back up "if you know what's best", and earlier that night the boys were almost in a fight when some guy hit on a cousin's wife). I'm lucky enough to have five people to consider my best friends: My mom, My Cousin Rose (who is, and will probably always be, even with sisters-in-law, the closest thing to a sister in my life), Amber, and Liz (who I met on my VERY first day of college, we lived down the hall from each other for two year in the dorms, then were roomates for two, and later when I moved in with boyfriend, she moved into the apartment below us), And of course Boyfriend.

Okay, hopefully, this gives you some insight as to who and what I am. There's more I could say, but i'll leave that for later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment