Amber tagged me, but didn't give me a letter... so I'm picking my own!

So, Amber tagged me to do this, but forgot to give me a letter, so, since her letter was A, I'm gunna go with the first letter of your first name theme! And I pick R. You post ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on. So, lurkers, make yourself known if you want a letter! :D

And Here Goes

1) Robin C. aka My Momma!


Here's a picture of Her, Her Sister, and finally Me (Left ro tight), at the familly reunion back in October.

My mom has shaped so much of who I am today. Without her I wouldn't be nearly as strong, independent or fun as I am today. We are incredibly close, and she is one of my best friends. We go shopping together, play hooky, and tell each other pretty much everything. She is my rock.

2) RSS feeds
I only recently discovered this. BUT I LOVE IT. I can follow all my blogs, from all different platforms right in google. I go to work every morning, and check my google reader, and it looks to the IT guys like I'm only checking one single page, when in reality, I'm reading 30 or 40 posts from my favorite blogs. LOVE IT.

3)RareMinerals(TM) Purely Nourishing Facial Moisturizer


I have tried a lot of skin care product in my lifetime. I have this rare breed of skin, it's combination, but the dry parts are in the center of my face, and the oily parts on the edges. This moisturizer has a lux feeling to it, and makes my dry skin feel downright silky, and the oily parts feel just the same. IT IS MAGIC. that is my conclusion. I like the whole Rareminerals/Bare Minerals/Bare Essentials line of product. I've pretty much essentially stopped using any other brands of makeup, and am going to switch over to the whole skin care line, once i finish off this tube of H2O+ cleanser that isn't really working. I will still hover, use the Phillosophy Microdelivery Peel, because it rocks.

4) Rhinestones.


I love me some bling. We all know this. THose who know me well, know that I painstakingly glued rhinestones in a cute cute pattern all over my sidekick, back when I had a sidekick. if it were socially acceptable to do this to my blackberry as an engineer, I would, BUT it's not... so I leave the bling at home. In an unrelated story, I want to buy this mouse and calculator, but I can't find the site that sells them... only this picture.

5) Rainy Days.

Now, I love the sunny days when I can cruise in the convertible and live it up. But I also love staying inside, and watching rain fall, and the fresh start that rain always brings. plus, I think rainy days (especially down here, where it frequently rains and is sunny at the same time) are nice to look at.

6) Raw Veggies.


So, recently, I gave up meat (yes, again) due to the crazy times it puts my tummy through. SO, I've been eating a lot of veggies. and I'm lazy, so, often times, i simply cut up zucchini, or carrots, or cukes, and nom on those. And it's delicious.

7) Roses.
Boyfriend doesn't quite understand this (I'm interpolating based on the data. I've received roses twice in the 4 and a half years we've been dating, despite the fact that I've openly and blatantly said "BUY ME MORE FLOWERS, DAMNIT.") I love getting roses. I know they are expensive, but, that's the point, it makes me feel like i'm worth it.

8) Renoir

My favorite of the french impressionists. I LOVE Le déjeuner des canotiers (above). It makes me with that I lived in Paris in the late 1800's. Perhaps in a former life, I did, and that is what draws me to this work so much. But the bottom line is that I love it.

9) Radio on the internet.

This one is kind of cheating, because, I want to say that i love Slacker Radio, and Pandora. It's a great way to hear new music, and I like that you can skip songs you don't like. Sometimes, I'll just put it on, and listen all day long, giving a yes or no to each song, and am amazed at the things it recomends to me. It's almost always something i love, once i get the stations customized to my tastes.

10)READERS!

This is kind of cheating too, because what I mean is, my friends. But i don't care. the people who read this blog are my friends. and i LOVE my friends. And even though Amber and I both look nekkid in this picture, it reminds me of the fun times we had, being 20, drinking before we got to the bar, and then dancing our asses off. I mean, we still have fun times now, but that was a completley carefree and extra fun time in our lives.






Well, there you have it. 10 things. Now, I need to get around to watching all of my Tivoed shows from the week, and playing video games. I love having Fridays off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment