So, over the past few months I've been in generally missing the life I left behind on Ohio.  I know that going back wont make this life re-appear, as so many of my friends also left the state.  And there's that whole "not in college anymore" thing to contend with.  But I miss my college life a lot. 

Lately (the past week or so) I've been missing one specific summer.  We called it "the summer of the blingin' shoes."  I was home from school and my best friend from high school (Miss Amber Lane) and participated in more scandal, shopping, and fun times than you could ever imagine.  I ruined fantasies, names were forgotten, cats were threatened, trees were urinated on, gnomes were hunted, blondes had more fun, booze was snuck into bars in tupperware, and the responsibilities seemed to vanish completely that summer.  I worked at a store in the mall for 20 hours of the week, and never had to be there before noon.  It was probably the most fun summer I ever had.   

Now it's (dear god) 5 years later.  How did I spend my summer?  I did go on vacation (twice, but the week long one was in the spring, and the other was only a weekend), but other than that, I worked... worked... worked... at a job I'm not very happy at.  I spent my weekends sitting at home with Brett, because we STILL haven't made any friends here outside of work and my family.  I spent countless hours facebook stalking my friends from Ohio wishing I was there for birthdays, trips to the bar, shenanigans, planning weddings, and lazy days by the pool (side bar: I accidentally typed "poop" and it immediately cheered me up a bit). 

I realize it was my choice to move here.  I really do.  But I miss the life I used to live in college. 

Sent from my iPhone

1 comments:

saucyminx410 said...

Agreed. That summer was definitely fun. I miss having a job where you can call off whenever you want because you aren't a vital part of their day to day organization and/or you just don't give a crap about your job. You should probably just move back - I'm still here and that's all that matters really. I mean I know you won't/can't but just think of how fun it would be if we lived close- and how broke we would be after all the shopping!

Post a Comment