Saturday nights in the life of a boring me.

Tomorrow we're having a surprize birthday for one of my favorite great aunts.  I decided to whip out my card making skills to creft up a birthday card for her.

This is what I started with:
 
  • A pile of Ribbon Scraps
  • Adhesive roller
  • xacto knife (IN PINK)
  • scissors
  • a little baggie of the beads neaded to spell out "Happy Birthday Aunt Margie"
  • a cutting mat
  • markers
  • a selection of five notecards
  • and a piece of really pretty scrapbooking paper
  • my iPhone for listening to some tunes.
This is what I made:

First I went through the cards and ribbons to find the best match with the paper.  It didn't take long to settle on these. 

 
Then I went to work threading the letters onto the ribbon using a bead needle.  This was much harder than it looked; I broke two needles and had to break out pliers at times to get the ribbon through the small holes in the beads.

 
After that I improvised a little bit extra.  I used the adhesive roller to get these ribbons to stick on the back of the card and in two spots each on the front to make sure they stay in place.

 
Then, I used the same technique to attach the ribbons I beaded the letters onto.   I'm pretty pleased with the way the front of the card turned out, but the pictures makes it kind of look like an 80's prom dress now that I see it.
 
After that I used the exacto knife to cut a piece from the paper to cover up the ribbon ends on the top half of the card.   Again, the paper looks much better in person.

 
I also lined the envelope, but took an easy way out and lined it all the way to the edge.  I'll figure out a way to enclose the envelope tomorrow, but for now, I'm super happy with the lining. 
I used the markers to write the message on the inside.  
And, just because I'm a classy broad, I did it all with a glass of water in a wine glass at my side:

1 comments:

saucyminx410 said...

Uhmmmm post something slacker! Love you!

Post a Comment