iPhone vs. Blackberry

So, the time has come for me to finally leave my parent's "family plan" and venture off into the world of paying for my own cell phone again.
Now, I have been a faithful blackberry user for a little over 3 years now.  Beyond that, I have been with Verizon for almost 10 years.
Recently, Boyfriend's company has decided to give a go at producing Apps for the iPhone, which resulted in him getting a free, (they're even paying the bill!) iPhone.  I was fine and happy with blackberry until I played with this baby.  The internet works more seamlessly, the User Interface is 20 times more intuitive, paid apps start at 99 cents (for blackberry, the cheapest paid apps are $2.99), typing on that particular keypad even seems easier than on my curve (especially with the acrylic nails, since i can't accidentally push surrounding keys with my nails), and more useful  (sometimes even cheaper, or free-er) versions of many of the apps made for blackberry.
But there are still downsides, like gmail not being pushed to the phone, the lack of MMS, and most notably, AT&T's network.
I'm craving a touch screen phone, but I really don't like the SurePress Technology that the storm has to offer.  I also have serious doubts about leaving Verizon's network (especially knowing that 90% of my friends and family can be reached without using my minutes.
So, ladies and gentlemen, I ask of you, what do you suggest?  Any tips?  Any AT&T users reading my ramblings?  I'm truly at a loss as to what I should do.

2 comments:

Am said...

I can't imagine my life without my iphone!

saucyminx410 said...

I love my storm - I've never played with an Iphone but my vote is for the storm - so we can still BB message of course!

Post a Comment