I got a special package this weekend to cheer me up.

It was my print gocco! After I unpacked everything that came with it, i decided to lay out the contents to take some pictures.
After that, i got so excited flashing my first image, that I forgot to take pictures, but i did eventually get a shot of my VERY FIRST print:
I think i messed up the flashing.  Either there wasn't enough carbon in the print, or I pulled the print off of the screen too soon.  Either way I like the distressed look it ended up giving me.
Eventually, my kitchen table looked like this:
I got some shots of the actual printing:
 
 
I know that i wasted a lot of precious space on the screen, but i was just so excited to use the gocco, that i didn't even care.
I even decided to emboss some of them to see how it would turn out, here's the inking with the embossing powder unheated:
and here it is after the embossing tool did it's work:
 
It's hard to tell, but it's very shiny, and raised, I'm not sure how I like it though for the invitations.  The edges aren't as crisp as i hoped they would be, and sometimes the embossing powder gets blown away and creates random shiny bumps.  I think I'm actually not going to heat emboss any of the invites or save the dates.  Maybe I can at least try it on one first.
So, now I have a stack of plain thank you cards.  I wont use these for the wedding, because this is just the generic "thank you" text that comes with the machine (they include several sheets of graphics that you can image.)
Today I've been working on the save the date, invite, and rsvp designns using my 30 day trial of adobe indesign (so, I guess I should finish them in the next month... )

2 comments:

Jeffrey said...

I should get married just so i can use one of those!
sweet! Typography fun!

The should make those for other occasions too!

jeff

Michelleigh said...

The dog in the front of the picture is a papillon and the one in the back is a pomeranian. :)

Post a Comment