Well.

This morning I recieved news that as of December 11th, I will be laid off.  At least I have a whole month to look for something else.  The trouble I'm having is that I'm not sure that I want to stay in Chemical Engineering.  I hate the job I have now.  I don't get it.  I loved all my internships, maybe it's just THIS job.

I don't know, I've been fantasizing latley about other career paths.  Nursing, Wedding Planning, Activity Co-ordinating... something with more face to face interaction.  My problem is that I don't know how to ebb into any of those feilds, and I also know that I like money, and wont make the amount of money that I make now, at least, not initially.  I don't know what to do.

1 comments:

saucyminx410 said...

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you ladybug- as one of your closest friends- I've never quite understood the chemical engineering thing. I've ALWAYS thought- though you have an interest in what you call "nerdy things"- that your personality would be much better suited to other things - more social, fun, energetic things.
I know that you've wanted to follow in your parents footsteps and that the money is fab but if you're not happy its not worth it.

I will be honest with you though- as an activity coordinator I can tell you that its not all sunshine and roses - even as I mentioned in my last post- but there is a certain kind of personal gratification that I feel from the work that I'm doing. AND I would highly recommend looking into it because there is a fair amount of event planning/ budgeting / organizing that would help you prefer for bigger endeavors - as I sort of hope will be in the cards for the future for me- eventually we'll be partners in a company called Fabulosity and we'll be a tag team of super high powered awesome event planners - and filthy rich to boot!

Move back - let's start now! ( :

Sorry about the getting laid off part though- thats a bummer and I'm sure quite an ego blow!

Post a Comment