Resolve

So, Yesterday was a somewhat enlightening day for me.  And I have some "resolvements" this morning so to speak, so now, in twitter style:

I have resolved that:
-Starbucks will never spell my name correctly on a cup (because Rachel is just TOO hard I guess)
-There are worse things in life than getting laid off from a job you hate
-That, yes in fact, I do want to be a Chemical Engineer
-That moving into Project Management one day is still my upmost goal.
-That I hate THIS job... not this profession.
-That "Passion Tea" is a horrible substitute for green tea at starbucks, but it's the only decaf tea option, so I'll drink it anyway.


I think that's about it.  I'm starting to look at the lay off as a positive thing.  At the very worst case I will be out of work for a month-ish until work starts coming in at my "home company" (they have the contracts, just not the physical workload).  I will be in a place where I can learn a little bit more.  I can ask for more money now.  I will be in a better place to learn from Project Managers.  This is a good thing.

Now, I want to respond to the comment that Amber Lane left on my post yesterday.  Indeed, I am more fun, energetic, and social than most engineer types.  And I think that is what will make me a good Project Manager.  It is a job perfectly suited for me.  It's filled with spreadsheets, file folders, teamwork, and (my favorite) team building outings!  There is in fact a 5 year plan (which I will naturally be altering slightly today, given the new set of variables) (also, naturally, it's been put into a gannt chart, because, I am a dork) to get me there.  It's all just a matter of building myself as an engineer first.  Also, while I would LOVE to move back to Ohio and start fabulous party planning with you, the snow will have to leave first.  No more snow for me.  Snow is evil.

Well Readers, Here's to a fruitful job hunt! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment