Back to workouts!

Well, I went back to working out with Muscles on Monday night (I hadn't gone in TWO MONTHS!) and I'm still sore all over.  I took time off from the gym and my running while I was sick, and barley had the energy to stand, and now that I'm feeling better, it's time to get back into the swing of things.

In other news, while I normal put an "embargo" on Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving, I'm doing things different this year.  The tree still wont go up until next week, but stonkings have been hung, lights have been strung, and Christmas Candies fill the decorative wooden bowls around my apartment.  I'm listening to Christmas albums, baking cookies, and taking in the spirit of the season.

I want this year to be a great Christmas.

My entire life, the only real tradition my family has had has been that my brother and I wake up early, rouse our parents, and everyone unwraps presents while we watch "A Christmas Story" as a family, and then we spend the rest of the day eating, playing and never changing out of Pajamas (unless we were in Lousiana, in that case, we changed and went to MawMaws house for homemade candy, and an endless feast).  Christmas has always been my favorite holiday, no one faught, no one cried, and no one yelled (unless it was a yell of "YAY I LOVE IT").  Last year was the first year that I didn't wake up at my parents house.  I didn't know that it was going to be the last time I even had the chance.  Instead Boyfriend and I trecked up to Ohio to visit his family and (aside from being there to visit with Amber) it was not an enjoyable trip for me.  His family had tricked us and said the family dinner would be ON Christmas, it wasn't, it was 2 days later (so, in short, we could've done both family celebrations but instead I got cheated out of seeing my brother, spending the last Christmas together as a family, and I spent Christmas morning crying because I was homesick). 

I want this Christmas to start a new tradition.  One for me and Boyfriend.  I just don't know what it will be yet.  This will be the first year that we wake up together in our own place on Christmas morning.  I want it to be fantastic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment