Hokay, Sho...

Now, I wasn't planning on having this project completed until Sunday to blog about, but I recieved some... less than settling news last night, which put me in the mood to finish off my organizing cleaning spectacular in the Office.  Here's the problem with our office... I let Boyfriend be in charge of it.  Big Mistake.  Huge.

Here's the before:

Okay, this is in fact, my work area, so this is my fault.  But beyond here lies... well... Boyfriend's fault.

 
From the doorway (note the pile of dishes, beer bottles, and trash surrounding boyfriend's area...).

 
The closet... filled with boxes we still haven't unpacked from over a year ago.

 
Finally, a corner full of boxes and computer stuff.... 

And after a full day of pulling out boxes, assembling shelves, and organizing, (plus breaks to watch Grey's, Modern Family, and Eastwick) I'm proud to show off the  AFTER:

 
My work area.  The board above my desk has some finished greeting cards waiting to be sent out.  You can also see the huge daquiri that Brett picked up for me when he went out earlier.  Trust me, if you had been through what I've been through in the past 24 hours, you'd need one too (by the by, that's not a reference to the cleaning, but to the unsettling news I received in regards to... well, I don't want to talk about it.)

 
The closet, NOW.... much improved.  The pink boxes contain craft supplies, the unit on the left will house my laptop when I need desk space for crafting, so that I'll still be able to listen to my tunes.  You can see that I took the hippie way out when I decorated and utilized my sarongs... but I'm not ashamed, it warms the place up a bit.
 
Our new bookshelf.  It holds the contents of most of those boxes you saw in the before pictures.  Including all of my textbooks from school...

 
Boyfriend's Desk (and Charlie's tail).  MUCH BETTAH.  Note the trashcan I strategically placed next to the desk... Still a mess of wires otherwise, but, I get the feeling it will be hard to control that.



Some clean floors, and an extra cute goggie.  


2 comments:

saucyminx410 said...

Very cute goggie...and very good progress. Organizing is super cathartic so hopefully it served as a mood booster/distraction for you! Also- I tagged you for an award on my blog. Spread the love!

Jeffrey said...

haha Brett is busted!

I know my place gets out of order at times (It is an efficiency, so not a lot of room) and I feel a lot better when it is all neat again :)

Post a Comment