The Colors DUKE!

I was searching my brain hole for something to blog about today (because, I do not want to slip on my bloggly duities) when it hit me. I haven't really talked about the colors for the wedding!


Initially, I thought black and white with deep red accents (think, the color of a red rose) were the way to go. Then I started reading wedding blogs. Suddenly, my world was flooded with beautiful colors: blush pink and buttery yellows, muted pinks with pewter and charcoal, khaki and turquoise, etc. All of these color combos that I saw and loved crashed down on my black and white "classy" affair.

As I considered all of these muted palettes, I tried to figure out what “my vision” was. I considered what was important to me about the day. Is it important to have a high class function? Was it more important to have fun? How will I feel about these colors as I look back on my wedding day?

I ordered swatches of paper from paper-source and started looking at these combinations that I had fallen in love with. I discovered one thing, they just weren’t me. Anyone who knows me in real life will tell you that I’m anything but muted. For starters, I’m LOUD, it’s almost obnoxious. I’m strange, and have slight impulse control problems (if I think something will be fun, or funny to me, but doesn’t put other people at harm… I’ll probably do it). I’m bubbly; I’m one of those cheerful, laugh-y, excited people that everyone else hates. These colors were dull, and un-exciting, and NOT me.

Over time I realized what was important to me: that I have a kick-ass fun-filled party with good food, good friends, and picking colors that set a FUN tone became my goal.

I was flipping through a bridal magazine when I came across an ad (for a company that now escapes me) featuring girls is hot pink and iridescent orange dresses. I found my colors. Pink and Orange. In various shades (because, let’s be real, one dimensional colors are boring.). I’m planning on using bold shades, because, that’s how I roll. I’m so excited for things to start taking on more shape, and come together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment