Harumph.

I've been struggling with wedding planning. 

See, the problem is that, I'm quirky.  And I've been questioning my own choices in planning.  Part of me wants a traditional cake, but then I remember how much I love the strawberry shortcake from ambrosia, and how happy it makes me.  Part of me wants letterpressed, caligraphied-up, professional wedding invites.  But then I think about the cute orange and pink ones I've designed to screenprint (which have NO cursive, or instructions on how to dress (other than to wear dancing shoes), or parents names) and the feedback I got from the save the dates, and I'm thrilled with my desicion to diy.  And then I think about the dress I got, and how, even though I love it doesn't really "fit in" with the whole quirkyness of handmade invitations, non-floral bouquets, an officiant who has hair longer than mine, and a cake with fresh fruit and a super mario cake topper.

It's like the girly side of me and the nerdy/quirky side of me are battling it out for control of the wedding.  I want a balance.  Yes, I'm a nerd, and quirky, and silly, but at the same time I love shoes, and designer bags, and have hoardes of makeup.  I just don't know where to find the balance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment